Mug cakes are so quick and easy– and they pair so well with ice cream! The combination of the warm cake + cold, creamy ice cream is a tastebud partay!
- 29g Vanilla whey (~3/4 scoop– I used NutriForce Sports. Don’t forget Rose10 gets you 10% off on their Muscle & Strength page)
- 15g whole wheat flour (1/2 serving)
- 46g liquid egg whites (or 1 large egg white)
- 30g unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp butterscotch extract (from iHerb. KNN401 gets you up to $10 off your order!)
- 1/4tsp raspberry bakery emulsion
Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Then transfer the mix to a greased (with nonstick cooking spray) mug. Microwave for 1:00-1:30. I watched the mug cake cook and noticed it puffed up a lot, so make sure it doesn’t spill out of your mug! I paired mine flawlessly with 2 kinds of ice cream, cereal (for crunch), and peanut butter.