I am such a volume eater, so I’m always looking for ways to voluminize (is that a word? My macbook pro doesn’t think it’s a word…well….now it is) my meals. Am I right, people? I have found our solution, people! KIM’S MAGIC POP. They’re basically rice cakes – “Magic Pop” are large, circular, thin ones, and “Deli Pop” are small, circular, thicker ones. I opened up the package, which I could FIT INTO- the box was THAT BIG, and I wanted to dig RIGHT IN to it all. I should have taken a picture of my face/reaction. Pure excitement.
Here’s everything all displayed all cute:
- Plain/original- Basically a rice cake! Super simple and straight forward. I like rice cakes.
- 5-grain magic pop- It tastes very plain. Even more plain than the regular ones. If you’re into that, then this one is for you. I suppose it could really go either way- sweet or savory- so that it doesn’t take away from the flavor of the topping.
- Strawberry magic pop- This one is really good! Although the flavor is inconsistent throughout the cake (flavor is mainly on the darker pink spots), I loved the taste. Very strawberry-y in the bites that had flavor!! My parents really enjoyed these ones, too.
- Cheddar magic pop- These reminded me of a less flavorful Cheeto, but a Cheeto nonetheless. I had these with a stir fry, and I LOVE these ones.
- Onion magic pop- Goodness, this one is SO good. Not too much overpowering onion flavor but not too little. Just the right amount. I LOVE onion flavoring when done right.
- Pumpkin deli pop- I was kind of disappointed in this flavor, not going to lie… It didn’t taste like the “basic vetch” pumpkin but rather a legitimate pumpkin. It had a GREAT flavor, though, don’t get me wrong! But it wasn’t like the pumpkin spice flavor that I was expecting. I don’t think that’s what they were going for really, so I think I just assumed!
- Apple cinnamon deli pop- Hands down my FAVORITE deli pop of them all. It has a thin apple cinnamon frosting on top of a plain deli pop rice cake (see? the plain doesn’t take away from the flavor!). It reminds me of homemade apple crisp. Get your hands on this one.
- Chili lime deli pop- These remind me of chips that I’ve had before eons ago, although I cannot put my finger on which. Very very strong flavor, but in a really good way. They pack a punch in the flavor department! Kind of spicy, too! I loved these.
- Chocolate-drizzled deli pop- Okokokokok, these are so good. The chocolate drizzle is dark chocolate – aka yum – over a regular rice cake. Would be GREAT on froyo!
- 7-grain- It tastes like a rice cake. Plain & simple. To the point. I actually like rice cakes, like I said, so I liked this one.
- 5-grain- oh wow, I liked this one better than the 7-grain. It has more of a toasted flavor, and it’s a smidgen sweeter, too. YUM.
I hope I’m not leaving any out…there were so many!! And so many more that I want to try!
Have you tried some?
- If yes, which ones? Did you like?
- If no: Want to get some of your own? Click this link to get soooooome, and let me know what you think!